This presentation contains the latest oil production data from 10377 horizontal wells in the Eagle Ford, supplied by the Texas RRC. Similar as last month, the data is shown until January. After reviewing the data, I concluded that the date for February was too incomplete to be useful. The data until January is much more complete than the last update, especially as several new leases, e.g. from Devon, are available now
I have made some improvements to the algorithm that estimates the individual well production, based on the total lease production that is provided. The algorithm now takes into account that wells can change between leases. The total effect was not large though, as can be seen from comparing the latest well quality overview, with the one in the last presentation.
As usual, the data from the last months is still subject to revisions, and it is too early to say for me how large these revisions will be. For more than 150 wells, January production was not yet reported. Also due to issues with the RRC data structure & quality, the information about the Eagle Ford & Permian in Texas has a lower accuracy than the other basins.
Gas leases are excluded, and thus also condensate production.
Next weekend I aim to have a new post on the Permian. I will skip separate updates on the Niobrara, and will combine that data with updates on the US as a whole.
The above presentation has many interactive features:
- You can click through the blocks on the top to see the slides.
- Each slide has filters that can be set, e.g. to select individual or groups of operators. You can first click “all” to deselect all items. You have to click the “apply” button at the bottom to enforce the changes. After that, click anywhere on the presentation.
- Tooltips are shown by just hovering the mouse over parts of the presentation.
- You can move the map around, and zoom in/out.
- By clicking on the legend you can highlight selected items, and include or exclude categories.
- Note that filters have to be set for each tab separately.
- If you have any questions on how to use the interactivity, or how to analyze specific questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.