This interactive presentation contains the latest oil & gas production data from 19667 horizontal wells in the Eagle Ford region (TRRC districts 1-4), that started producing since 2010, through September 2017.
As I did last week for the Permian, I also decided to post the latest data through September again for the Eagle Ford. More recent data is too incomplete (which may be related to the higher activity levels) to give a good overall picture.
The above graphs shows that in September the Eagle Ford was recovering from the impact from Harvey.
In the “Well quality” overview the production profiles for all these wells are available. The top graph shows that newer wells peak above 500 bo/d on average, during their first full calendar month (=month 2). If you only select ‘EOG’ in this overview, using the ‘Operator’ selection on the right side, you will see that its wells peak at almost double this rate, although the ensuing decline is steeper as well.
The ‘Advanced Insights’ presentation is displayed below:
In this “Ultimate Recovery” overview the relationship between production rates, and cumulative production is revealed.
As you can see, the curves behave rather predictable in general. They slope concave downwards, which indicates that these wells decline on average with a hyperbolic b-factor smaller than 1, which is different from some of the basins (e.g. the Permian).
Around the middle of next week I plan a new post on the Haynesville (LA), followed by a post on all 10 covered states.
I am on Twitter now, you can follow me here: https://twitter.com/ShaleProfile
Production data is subject to revisions, especially for the last few months. For this presentation, I used data gathered from the following sources:
- Texas RRC. Production data is provided on lease level. Individual well production data is estimated from a range of data sources, including regular well tests, and pending data reports.
The above presentations have many interactive features:
- You can click through the blocks on the top to see the slides.
- Each slide has filters that can be set, e.g. to select individual or groups of operators. You can first click “all” to deselect all items. You have to click the “apply” button at the bottom to enforce the changes. After that, click anywhere on the presentation.
- Tooltips are shown by just hovering the mouse over parts of the presentation.
- You can move the map around, and zoom in/out.
- By clicking on the legend you can highlight the related data.
- Note that filters have to be set for each tab separately.
- The operator who currently owns the well is designated by “operator (current)”. The operator who operated a well in a past month is designated by “operator (actual)”. This distinction is useful when the ownership of a well changed over time.
- If you have any questions on how to use the interactivity, or how to analyze specific questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.